We are looking for welders to perform any combination of tasks. Setting up and operating all types of welding machines that join together parts of fabricated metal products as specified by mechanical drawings. Must plan, lay out, set up and perform some to most work assignments independently. Must use correct templates and accurately position and fit parts with close tolerances in accordance with mechanical drawings and instructions on shop drawing.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets up and operates welding machines.
- Reads and interprets mechanical drawings and shop routing.
- Plans, lays out and performs welding
- Selects and uses correct welding rods, wire and clamps.
- Ability to weld short and long production runs with repetition.
- 18 years old+
- Some Vo-Tech training and/or six months experience
- Basic knowledge of how to use welding machines
- Ability to add and subtract using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to read and interpret a tape measure.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and move around and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- The employee is required to lift material on an average of 20-75 pounds.
- The employee frequently is required to talk and hear.
- The employee is required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
At Progressive Systems we offer competitive benefits package that includes:
- Life Insurance
- 401 (k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation and PTO
- Paid Holidays